2019 Property Taxes payable in 2020 were mailed to residents on December 4th. First Installments are payable to the Town of Center and are due by January 31, 2020. After January 31st, payments need to be made to the Outagamie County Treasurer. You have four different options to pay your taxes to the town before January 31st:
- Payments can be mailed to: Town of Center, N3990 State Road 47, Appleton, WI 54913. Payments by mail will be posted as paid by the post-marked date on the envelope. Include your check, payable to the “Town of Center”, and the “1ST INSTALLMENT OR FULL PAYMENT” stub from your tax bill. If you need a receipt, please also include a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your payment stub and check. Please be sure that the numeral amount and written amount are the same on your check. If your name is also on your escrow check, please endorse the check.
2. Payments can be paid in person at the Town Hall during the following times:
- Every Wednesday from 1:30 – 5 p.m. (except Dec 25th and Jan 1st)
- Saturday, December 21st from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, December 27th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 31st from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturday, January 18th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, January 31st from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
3. Payments can be paid at AMERICAN NATIONAL BANK through January 31st, located at 2200 North Richmond Street, Appleton. Bank hours are 9:00 – 5:00 weekdays and 9:00 – 12:00 Saturdays. You must present the tax bill stub and exact payment amount as stated on the tax bill.
4. Payments can be paid via the Outagamie County Website: Go to www.outagamie.org and click on “Property Taxes”. The fee for an E-Check is $0.25 and the fee for a debit or credit card is 2.2% of the amount you are paying.
New Chapter 21, All-Terrain/Utility Terrain Vehicle Routes within the Town of Center, Outagamie County, Wisconsin, was approved by the Town Board on November 11, 2019.
This ordinance becomes effective upon passage and publication/posting as required by law and when signage has been completed.
The purpose of the ordinance is to allow ATV/UTV’s on Town of Center Roads. The applicable provisions of §23.33 regulating ATV/UTV operations pursuant to routes is adopted. This ordinance does not allow ATV/UTV’s on county or state roads within the town unless authorized by Outagamie County or the State of Wisconsin.
New Chapter 20, Refund of Certain Overpayments to the Town was approved by the Town Board on November 11, 2019.
The purpose of the ordinance is for the Town to retain nominal overpayments to the Town through error, inadvertence or oversight as it is not cost effective to process those refunds. The ordinance states that a “nominal overpayment” shall be the overpayment of any tax, fee, or other obligation to the Town in an amount which does not exceed $5.
Chapter 11, Volunteer Firefighters and First Responders Length of Service Award Program Ordinance was updated and approved by the Town Board on November 11, 2019.
The revisions reflect the board’s decision to transfer the local management of the Firefighters and First Responders Length of Service Award Program to a state approved program.
- NEW Chapter 20, Refund of Certain Overpayments to the Town
- NEW Chapter 21, All-Terrain/Utility Terrain Vehicle Routes within the Town of Center, Outagamie County, Wisconsin
- Revisions to Chapter 11, Volunteer Firefighters and First Responders Length of Service Award Program
You are further notified that a copy of said proposed code will be on file and open for public inspection in the office of the town clerk at N3990 State Road 47 for a period of two weeks commencing on Monday, October 28, 2019 in accordance with Wis. Stat. s. 66.0103. Regular office hours are Wednesdays, 1:30 – 5:00 p.m., the 3rd Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or by appt. If you would like a copy mailed to you please contact the town clerk at 920-731-7229 or e-mail email@example.com.