The April 13th, Monthly Town Board Meeting is Cancelled and The April 21st Town Meeting will be postponed due to the COVID-19 Outbreak. A new date for the Town Meeting has not been determined.
We are encouraging residents to vote by mail for the April 7th election. You can easily request a ballot by going to the following website: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
You could also request a ballot by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing a letter to Town of Center, N3990 State Road 47, Appleton, WI 54913, with your request along with a copy of your valid photo ID. The last day to request a ballot for mailing is Thursday, April 2nd.
If you prefer to vote an absentee ballot in person at the clerk’s office, please contact Amy Olson at 920-213-2119 to schedule an appointment.
2019 Property Taxes payable in 2020 were mailed to residents on December 4th. First Installments are payable to the Town of Center and are due by January 31, 2020. After January 31st, payments need to be made to the Outagamie County Treasurer. You have four different options to pay your taxes to the town before January 31st:
- Payments can be mailed to: Town of Center, N3990 State Road 47, Appleton, WI 54913. Payments by mail will be posted as paid by the post-marked date on the envelope. Include your check, payable to the “Town of Center”, and the “1ST INSTALLMENT OR FULL PAYMENT” stub from your tax bill. If you need a receipt, please also include a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your payment stub and check. Please be sure that the numeral amount and written amount are the same on your check. If your name is also on your escrow check, please endorse the check.
2. Payments can be paid in person at the Town Hall during the following times:
- Every Wednesday from 1:30 – 5 p.m. (except Dec 25th and Jan 1st)
- Saturday, December 21st from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, December 27th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 31st from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturday, January 18th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, January 31st from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
3. Payments can be paid at AMERICAN NATIONAL BANK through January 31st, located at 2200 North Richmond Street, Appleton. Bank hours are 9:00 – 5:00 weekdays and 9:00 – 12:00 Saturdays. You must present the tax bill stub and exact payment amount as stated on the tax bill.
4. Payments can be paid via the Outagamie County Website: Go to www.outagamie.org and click on “Property Taxes”. The fee for an E-Check is $0.25 and the fee for a debit or credit card is 2.2% of the amount you are paying.
New Chapter 21, All-Terrain/Utility Terrain Vehicle Routes within the Town of Center, Outagamie County, Wisconsin, was approved by the Town Board on November 11, 2019.
This ordinance becomes effective upon passage and publication/posting as required by law and when signage has been completed.
The purpose of the ordinance is to allow ATV/UTV’s on Town of Center Roads. The applicable provisions of §23.33 regulating ATV/UTV operations pursuant to routes is adopted. This ordinance does not allow ATV/UTV’s on county or state roads within the town unless authorized by Outagamie County or the State of Wisconsin.
New Chapter 20, Refund of Certain Overpayments to the Town was approved by the Town Board on November 11, 2019.
The purpose of the ordinance is for the Town to retain nominal overpayments to the Town through error, inadvertence or oversight as it is not cost effective to process those refunds. The ordinance states that a “nominal overpayment” shall be the overpayment of any tax, fee, or other obligation to the Town in an amount which does not exceed $5.